Hey guys! As you can tell by the title, I recently had the opportunity to interview “The Voice” Season 13 finalist Brooke Simpson! Brooke is the sweetest, most genuine person and it was great getting to know her a little better.
1. You were one of the main reasons I watched The Voice this season! I remember seeing your audition video on YouTube before the show started and calling my mom to come see it because it was so incredible. How has your life been impacted since being on Team Miley?
My life has changed forever! Opposed to before The Voice, I now have the opportunity to be a full time artist. I’m traveling and touring and finallyyyy releasing music!
2. Have you kept up with any of the other Voice contestants since the show ended?
3. Confession time: I obsessively listen to your songs on Spotify. Especially your new single, 2AM. 😅 Have you been loving any songs currently?
Ahhhh thank you! Yes, currently the songs I have on repeat are Best Part by Daniel Caesar feat H.E.R., Ghost White Dress by TYSM, Supercut by Lorde, New Rules by Dua Lipa, and Overprotected by Britney Spears (honestly that’s been on repeat since 2001 lol)
4. Who are some of your biggest musical inspirations?
Beyonce, Lorde, Tina Turner, Cher and Britney Spears along with so many others!
5. What do you enjoy doing outside of music?
Honestly music is my entire life…but other than that Just spending time with people I love and who love me.
6. What are three of your favorite makeup products?
7. How would you describe your style?
Honestly my style changes everyday (just like my mood lol) but over all I guess I would call it urban-grunge…I love dark colors but with a sporty street feel.
8. Do you have any hidden talents?
Yes! I pretty good at imitating different singing voices like Britney Spears, Shakira, Christina Aguilera, Cher, etc.
9. What’s your go-to coffee order?
Iced quad espresso with cream and 3 shots of white mocha!
10. Your original song, “What Is Beautiful”, talks about the pressure women face in our society to fit into a certain image of “beauty”. What advice do you have for girls who are struggling with confidence in their appearance?
I know this is something men deal with as well, but speaking from the point of view of a woman…I feel like we all struggle with the desire for acceptance. Whether it’s from family, friends, a romantic partner, social media, the workplace, THE WORLD. We look at the highlight reel of people’s life on Instagram and it makes us give in to the lies that there’s a cookie cutter status quo that we have to stick to and be. But after living like that for so long I realized that comparison was killing my creativity. And once I had the revelation it was like an awakening…the moment I stopped looking to others I finally met ME for the first time. So liberating so freeing…I realized that I LOVE me! Physically, emotionally, spiritually, every right and wrong thing about myself I was (and still am) obsessed with. So I guess my advice would be: SCREW EVERYONE ELSE! Lol every opinion, every comparison, every judgement. I know that’s easier said than done (I know from experience) but we were all so beautifully and intricately created…there’s no one else like YOU. So why waste your time trying to be someone else???
Isn’t Brooke one of the most amazing people? Be sure to check out her new single, “2 AM”, now available on most music streaming platforms!