Greetings from a newly 17 year old! My birthday was yesterday and I thought it would be fun to talk about some things I’ve learned in my limited experience at life. This is a different kind of post than what I typically write but I hope you enjoy it!
1. You don’t need 100 different friends, a few good friends are better.
2. Don’t settle for a guy that doesn’t treat you like you deserve, hold out for one that treats you with respect and makes you feel safe and loved. (Hi Stephen 🙂)
3. Don’t create content for your platforms that you’re not proud of.
4. Don’t save things until 30 minutes before they need to be done.
5. Cook ramen for 2 minutes, stir, then cook it for 1 more minute.
6. You’re never going to be able to please everyone. Get over it now and save yourself pain later.
7. Spend time with people that encourage you, not ones that tear you down and make you feel bad about yourself.
8. Prioritize people over a screen.
9. Always watch the 2 minute preview at the beginning of Hulu shows to opt out of the rest of commercials.
10. See a pink fuzzy blanket for $20 at Target you can’t live without? Buy it. Have no regrets. Live on the edge.
11. Don’t compromise your values just because everyone around you is.
12. Put 110% into everything you do, even if you don’t particularly like whatever it is that you’re doing.
13. To all my photographers out there – don’t undersell your work. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you’ve earned.
14. Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you can’t get chicken tenders when you go to a restaurant.
15. Be kind to others even when they’re rude to you, we have no way of knowing their life situation.
16. Don’t let other people tell you that you can’t do something. Prove them wrong.
17. Spend time on what makes you happy.
Those are just a few of the things that I’ve learned in the last 17 years! Thanks for sticking around for part of it, I hope we can share many more years together.